Saturday, March 12, 2011

The Sleeveless Trench

I love trench coats! What a classic look that remains strong year after year. On the runways the sleeveless trench was everywhere. But sleeveless? Hmmm not sure about that. To me a sleeveless trench coat defeats the purpose of a coat. Maybe it's because here in Cleveland it's cold more months out of the year than it is warm. But if you want to be ultra trendy this Spring? Go for the sleeveless trench. This trench is from Urban Outfitters for $79.00. Want to save some money? Check out a resale or thrift shop and cut the sleeves off. Interested in a tutorial? Let me know maybe you can talk me into it!

For me I think wearing the sleeveless trench as a dress is the way to go. My favorite is this trench coat dress from Kenneth Cole for $129.00. A bit more than I like to pay for a dress but in white imagine how many looks you could come up with.  Pair it with a bold piece of jewelry or a pair of wedges. You could slip on a pair of flats to create a casual look. You could swap out the belt with a more colorful one, think black or even red.

If you have some sewing talents (or maybe a friend) check out this great looking pattern from Butterick. What do you think about this trend? Would you wear it?

No comments: